2 Jul 2017

Update #1 - week ending 2/7/17

Well, it's been a busy week as far as this blog is concerned!

Pretty much launched all of it today, the Instagram, the Facebook and the blog itself!


Still learning about Blogger and how it works, got some ideas about how to make the blog itself better, more navigable and in more of a format for future referencing, like a real diary.

Aside from that, did some cool stuff this week - most importantly, got my phone back from Switzerland...I've been using a 3rd-party computer-based application to upload to Instagram, which is far from ideal, so now I can use Instagram the way it was intended again.

It was incredibly hot in Vienna this week, and I spent the early part of the week pretty much just melting in Lisa's apartment, although we did have a bit of a trip down to the Finanzamt...when I worked in Austria, I paid taxes as if I'd worked for a whole year and had only worked 5 months, so I could claim some of the taxes back. We'd been trying to do it online, but because I am no longer officially registered in Austria, we weren't able to get a code sent via mail to log-in online, so I had to go in person.

I went with Lisa by bike; her with her on bike and I took a Citybike (an incredibly cool service here in Vienna). We locked up her bike across the street but we decided she would go return the Citybike to the nearest station while I went in to get started with the bureaucracy, because it was close to closing time (it closes at 12 in summer). It took her a bit longer to return, because by the time she got there, the station was full, so she had to wait until someone took a bike. As it happened, my German was good enough that by the time she got there, I'd got through most of the process, and she just had to help me fill out a form. Haven't been able to do the process online, though, so might need to go back in this week.

Check out the Instagram or Facebook to watch a video from yesterday...Lisa and I went to the sports field in the town over, with her brother, to kick around the rugby ball, but on the way, we went to check out a bunker in the fields that Lisa's dad had told us about. It was smaller than I expected, but pretty cool nonetheless.

On the way to the bunker


Lisa in the bunker
Me on the bunker
About to pass


So, in the next week, look forward to the beginning of my trip to the UK. I have drafted up a number of posts already (but still got a lot of work ahead of me...it was 3 months, after all - mostly hitchhiking), so I think I will be publishing 2 a week, possibly more.

Congratulations if you read this, you may be the only person to have done so. 😬

Feel free to follow me on InstagramFacebook and look out for Youtube coming soon (I mean, it's technically there already, but it has nothing on it yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment