31 Jul 2017

Update #4 - better late than never

So, I'm sitting on a ferry on the way to Sweden right now. I've been so busy over the last 2 weeks, visiting my friend at the Language Farm in Thüringen, so never got around to updating the blog.

Lisa came to the farm for a week as well, and we had a great time, I even got drawn as an anime character, which was cool.

After that, we initially planned to hitchhike from Jena to Leipzig, but we were so exhausted, we changed plan. We stayed for a bit in Jena, had a nice late lunch/early dinner at the cafe my friend used to work at, and I booked a hostel for myself in Leipzig for a night.

Lisa had a bus booked back to Vienna from Leipzig, at about 11:30, so we just chilled out at the hostel until out was time to leave. Once I'd seen her off, I headed back to the hostel, had a quick shower and feel right asleep. I'd set an alarm for 6am, as I wanted to get out and start hitchhiking as early as possible.

I woke up slightly before my alarm, had another shower to wake up and packed my things. Took a bit longer than I expected, because I was so tired, and didn't get to the spot I'd read about on hitchwiki about 10am. I got there with all my stuff (including my guitar which had been left at the Language Farm), and sat on my guitar case for a minute or two, just soaking up the sun a bit, trying to get the energy to start hitchhiking. I was at a petrol station on the motorway, and had been there for about 5 minutes, sitting in the sun, with my sign in front of me, when someone called out from the pumps.

My sign said "North/Rostock" and turns out these guys are from Rostock, had spent a weekend in Leipzig and were on their way back. It was mostly an uneventful ride, although there was massive traffic jams about halfway through. The driver was incredibly nice and took me the whole way to the port so I could buy a ticket for the ferry.

Unfortunately, the next ferry we completely booked, so I had to take the 23:55 one. And now, here I am. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, it's a long way to go tomorrow, I didn't really specify a time I'd be in Enköping, but I said I hoped it would be lunch time. I'd have to get pretty lucky for that to happen, but we'll see...crazier things have happened.

Sorry for the non-standard formatting on this post, I am writing this on my phone, and the Blogger app doesn't allow much formatting.



Subscribe at the top of the page to keep informed of future blog posts, and follow me on Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment